• Applicant should be creative, reliable, community-minded, people-oriented, self-motivated, have good interpersonal communication skills.
• Available to work occasional nights and weekends. Flexible schedule.
• Duties include: writing articles, feature stories and columns for the Aitkin Independent Age, taking photos and video, attending events, covering meetings and proofreading.
• Computer knowledge and experience with InDesign helpful.
• Successful candidate will be able to report facts accurately, follow Associated Press style guidelines and meet deadlines.
• Will train the right person.
• Entry level, full time with benefits, including 401(k)
Please email your resume and writing samples to
or mail to: P.O. Box 259, Aitkin, MN 56431
218-927-3761213 MINNESOTA AVE NAitkin, MN 56431