The City of Faribault has an opening for a Building Official in its Community and Economic Development Department. The Building Official is responsible for the administration, management, and supervision of the Building Code Division, including but not limited to: review of proposed building, mechanical, electrical, and plumbing plans to ensure code compliance, management of the electrical inspection program, oversight of the rental license program, enforcement of property maintenance and other ordinances related the zoning and occupancy, enforcement and interpretation/application of all building codes adopted by the City. Advises the Department Director and City Administrator on recommended building code updates and amendments.
QUALIFICATIONS MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: • ICBO Certificate as a Building Inspector and/or Plans Examiner • Certified as a Building Official by the State of Minnesota • Must have at least five years of experience in performing inspections or plan review and inspections and the same for fire protection system installations.
• Must have at least four years of building trade experience in construction work.
• Must have demonstrated ability to develop and maintain effective working relationship with contractors, architects and the public.
• Must be knowledgeable with the fire code, electrical field, city zoning, flood proofing requirements and Independent Sewage treatment systems.
DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS: • Experience as a building inspector in a municipal setting. Experience with mechanical and plumbing systems. • Experience with zoning and land use code enforcement. • Knowledge of zoning and land use code enforcement principles, practices and methods as applicable to a municipal setting.
• Ability to utilize word processing and database programs on a personal computer.
• Secondary language abilities in Spanish, Somali, or a Southeast Asian language.
Salary There currently is a review of this classification and pay will be determined on that and qualifications.
Application Instructions Applicants must submit a resume with letter of interest, with current certifications, and complete a city application packet. Application packets are available at www.faribault.org or at Faribault City Hall, 208 NW First Avenue, Faribault, MN 55021. Only original documents will be accepted by mail or drop off at the address listed above.
An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Feb 19, 2018.
City Of Faribault - General Management Jobs from Jobshub.biz